BEAUTY POST| End of Summer Drugstore Makeup Look

Face of The Day
I know, I don't usually post details on my makeup look. But I wanted to try something new, and add more variety of my personality to my page. So here is my very first makeup look post.

Today it is quite humid and gloomy outside. I wanted to wear a nice natural look but with some subtle color on the eyes. So without hesitation, I grabbed my go to drugstore foundation for medium coverage and a natural look. Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation! I bought this in March to wear as my spring foundation (I wear the shade 315 Tawny). I was looking for a natural finish but something that still gave me some coverage. This foundation does just that. It comes in a squeeze bottle which is perfect for easy bottle to face transfer with no mess. I like applying it to my face straight from the bottle and blending it out with a stippling brush.

Once my concealer is applied, I set my entire face with my current holy grail pressed powder, L.A. Colors Mineral Pressed Powder in the shade Toasted Almond. This powder leaves my face feeling soft and gives it a skin like appearance.

Now on to the eyes. Like I stated previously, I wanted a subtle splash of color on the eyes. I decided to use ColourPop Cosmetic Super Shock Shadow in Get Lucky and ColourPop Cosmetics Super Shock Cheek in Quarters. I used the blush in my crease and all over my eye as a mice warm shade. Yes I used a blush on my eyes, I mean who doesn't! I then used this bright yellow gold on the center of my lid and made sure to blend out the edges with the blush. To top it it off, I added a wing with some liquid liner and white liner in my waterline. My new go to mascara for everyday wear has been Covergirl's Full Lash Bloom mascara. It gives a nice coat that is very natural looking while opening up the eyes.

On my lips, I have a combination that I am really loving right now. I lined my lips with a dark brown eyebrow pencil and blended it in. I then dabbed, multiple times, ColourPop Cosmetics Lippie Stix in Button and blended it in with the liner. On top I used Victoria's Secret Lip gloss in Candy Girl. Do you remember when you were in high school and Victoria's Secret lip gloss was the bomb!? Every girl I knew I had this flavor. When I found it in the bottom of lip gloss stash and I had to use the little I had left to show you guys how wonderful it is.

Phew alright I think I got threw my first makeup post. How do you guys think I did? Please leave a comment on how I can improve my work or just any tips and advice you have for me. That it is for this weeks makeup post. See you all next week! ☺


Comments

Popular Posts